Inside My Closet

September 21, 2019














Shorts: vintage
Blazer: Helmut Lang
Shoes: Nike

My FAVORITE season, fall. First, we need to talk about why I'm wearing shorts in the fall--or do we? I have been itching to shoot this look, people; and I finally did. Jenna is the best. Second, you all need to get into this top from Karla, owner, and founder of the Line by K. It is SO soft and the fabric is high quality. This was necessary. Ya girl loves a good long sleeve, so I had to purchase. I already have another fall look lined up, and she's ready! She's ready! Stay tuned, ya'll. #climatechange


July 14, 2019














Dress and Denim Jacket: Nectar Clothing
Shoes: Reebok

Of course, true to form, I am just now posting this. It is now August. Life just grabs you by the wig and yanks you away from other responsibilities!! Last summer look though, so I hope you like. Fall is my fave, and I will be putting looks together for that season now. Can't wait! 

June 15, 2019















Shoes: New Balance
Sun Glasses: Vintage find in New York

Now, I've really been gone for a minute, but now I'm back at the jump-off. How's everyone been? Good. I've been drowning in life but blessed beyond belief—of course. I'm working on more looks for the summa summa summa time to shoot soon. I can't wait to see what I come up with, but don't be surprised if I don't post them until fall. Ugh! I need to stop doing that. 

In the past three years since I've been "blogging", it's crazy to see how much my style has changed over the years. That's really why I do this and try to keep up with it. I can't wait to put more looks together and discover new places to shoot more of these looks. Pray for me; I'm tired. 

Enjoi!


December 22, 2018




















Outfit: Express
Glasses: ASOS
Earrings: H&M
Shoes: Converse

 Let me just start off by saying, I am TIRED. Like I mentioned in my last post, this is hard work. I was getting ready for this shoot and didn't even make sure my wig was properly laid.

BUT, how adorable is my niece? She's always wanted to take pictures with me and I always want to match with her. She's like my mini-me sometimes. The other day I was at the mall with her and my cousin, and my niece said to our cousin, "let's take a picture!" You know I WHIPPED out my phone immediately. My niece even said, "I'm going to do like Auntie Eva." When I saw her pose, I almost fell OUT. She looked perfect!


December 14, 2018










Top, Jeans, Earrings: Express
Coat: H&M
Shoes: Louise et Cie

You know, I just want to give a BIG shout out to all the bloggers and content creators out there for putting out so much good stuff on the web for everyone to see and enjoy. I've realized (for a while now) that I am NOT cut out for this. With a full-time job and children in my house, it is TOO much of a challenge to make time to shoot these looks as much as I should or want to. So seriously, you guys are amazing.

I still love creating looks and sharing the ones that I do with everyone, but I never want to feel like I have to make time to do things like this. I create looks on my own time and when I feel like it. This is a hobby and a passion of mine that I know I don't need to share with the world, but I do because I want to inspire or give inspiration to someone that needs it like so many have done for me.

Thanks, world!


October 14, 2018













Top: Express 
Jeans: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Via Spiga
Belt & Earrings: Express

Fall is here! My fave. This look was very 90s inspired, but I really think it came out this way because of my "Poetic Justice" braids. Hm. 

Anyway, I am hoping to create more looks for fall with some 90s inspiration. If the look doesn't make it on the blog, it's not the end of the world. I create looks for me! I just share/post some on here when I feel like it. 

BTW: I am really loving wrap tops these days...Okay, byeeee. 

August 10, 2018










Blazer, Bodysuit, Pants, Earrings: Express
Shoes: Abound

 First of all, everyone should be surprised and privileged to get two posts in one month from me. Jenna and I saw a snake while shooting this look and that's where I am going to end with this post. Enjoy!

August 2, 2018












Sweatshirt, Pants & Hoops: H&M
Shoes: Nine West
Flap Top Belt Bag: Forever21

Man. Jenna is at it again! The location, graffiti...the LOOK! This might be my favorite for this year so far—I am in love. Everything about this shoot and look was executed perfectly. I'm proud of us, Jenna :) 

Link to fanny pack up top!...and don't ask me what my sweatshirt says because I don't know!

July 04, 2018










Jumpsuit: Forever21
Shoes: Reebok
Sunglasses: Vintage
Earrings: Free Press Jewelry
Chain: Graduation gift to myself :)

It was 110º outside. I can't believe I decided to wear a jumpsuit for this look. I was going to do a bathing suit look, buuuuuuut..

Oh, and—new wig who dis?! Hope you like!



April 14, 2018












Shirt: ASOS
Pants: H&M
Shoes: Nine West
Glasses: Gia Monae
FannyPac: Steve Madden (Bday gift from Jenna)

Did you guys peep my special feature? Honestly, big ups to Jenna. Bless her knees, because I physically cannot bend them like she can bend hers. Antywayzzzz...

This is my, "IF I went to Coachella" or should I say, "Beychella" look. I know this is not the typical festival vibes attire, but I've always been a fan of street style and not dressing up in the typical occasion outfit—I wear what I feel. If I don't have to wear a bra, the better! Enjoy :)

January 3, 2018










Blazer: H&M
Bra: Sparkle & Fade
Pants: New Look
Belt: Express
Shoes: Abound

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

This shoot took place at Chalani's house, my other BFF since high school. You know you got some real ones when they just offer up their living space and volunteer to be prop managers. 

I decided to do all black, NOT because it's the color of my soul, but because I wanted to wear these pants and the blazer just happened to be black. Blazers are such a huge deal now; I hope they never go out of style. 

I can't wait to see what this new year is going to teach me in life and my faith. God is G R E A T— so cheers to a new year. I hope it brings you love, happiness, wisdom, and many blessings. Enjoy!

December 2, 2017














Top: H&M
Flared Pants: Lilka
Shoes: Abound
Studs: Express

Can I just say— Jenna and I are putting Riverside on the MAP. Since I am a Notre Dame HS (Riverside) alumni, I've never really been a huge fan of being in Riverside for any reason...Now look at me 👀

Anyway...Who went Black Friday / Cyber Monday online shopping? Honestly, truly, people rarely ever shop in-store–It's all about the "online" experience. Although, when I walked into the mall after the holiday weekend savings, I couldn't help myself...I HAD to go into H&M. You know they have their incredibly huge deals and markdowns on select items. My goodness, am I glad I did!

I found this top for $20. It was originally $40-$50. You know ya girl loves her clothes, but had that top not been on sale, this lewk would've been very different or even non-existent! I am very pleased with my purchases and one day hope to hold the title, "Qween of the Deals".

November 4, 2017














Shoes: Steve Madden
Bonnie Beret: Anthropologie

Beret's are such a thing right now, it's crazy. I never watched Gossip Girl, but I know they were worn a lot during that show...Clueless, too. Berets are making a comeback and I am so here for it. 

BTW: Those tights did not come with the rips, nor did I create them intentionally. My nails kept getting caught on them when I would adjust them or pull them up. Obviously,  I need to order new ones.

Okay, back to this style post...
My "style muse" right now is, @natalieoffduty. She is seriously so chic and cool, I can't even tell you. I love the vibes of ALL her blog/IG posts–from the pop of color on her lips to the chicest dresses worn with simple sneaks. She's everything, so I took some inspo from her previous posts and put a Parisian twist on it. 

Oh and remember when I did that post on IG with this beret captioned, "I don't wanna be that girl that didn't go to Paris"? Well, by the looks of this lewk–I went. 

Click outfit deets if you wanna shop! 💞

October 21, 2017













Top: Express
Pants + Glasses: ASOS
Coat: WYLDR
Shoes: Reebok

You already know! #InsecureHBO 
Let me tell you guys. I did not get put on to Insecure until the END of season 2. I know, how dare I...But thank God for my BFF/photog, Jenna. If it weren't for her, I would not have known how important it was for me to watch it. 

So, you know we HAD to do a lewk at this iconic apartment complex. Yes, it was a little over 80 degrees and sunny in LA...leave me alone. Anyone that knows me knows turtlenecks are my FAV, so I had to do a combo with this faux fur coat and trousers. It was a win-win for me—how could I not?

Enjoy!


September 23, 2017










Dress: ASOS
Earrings: Lillyful
Shoes: Montego Bay for Payless

Photographer: Reggie; Jenna did my looks, of course!

As promised, I mentioned on my Instagram Story I would have a "special guest" featured in my next shoot...Well, here she is! My best friend and photog, Jenna/@jfran.

I can't even tell you how many times I had to STRESSS this shoot to her and how important I felt it was for people to see the person behind the lenzzz. I am so proud of it and how it turned out. I knew I had to kick off my FAVORITE style season in a cool way. 

Get ready for some fall fashion and "lewks" coming all season long, baby. Who knows, I might have more special guests 😝 

September 3, 2017







Outfit: Express
Bathing suit top: Forever21
Slides: Montego Bay Club for Payless

I honestly thought I would never be in a bathing suit the rest of the summer when I wore one in May for my best friends birthday in Palm Springs. Since then, I've gone swimming or to the beach 3 times. 

This amazing location was at my friend's house in Corona. He's gonna be a surgeon, his father is a surgeon, his mother is a nurse, soooo we can stop just stop there...Oh and he has a pet turtle, along with other animals. It's literally a zoo at his house. All he needs is a bird and a monkey. Love you, Eric!

FYI: I just took the tag off of that top and bought it about a year ago on clearance. Don't judge me. These slides are my go-to by the way. Until I feel like buying new ones, these just go with EVERYTHING. Hope you liked this look!

August 11, 2017









Outfit: Anthropologie
Shoes: Abound
Belt: Express
Sunglasses: PacSun

So, I've been going on a huge Anthro binge lately. Best believe I shopped ONLY SALE items...there was a time when I couldn't even afford that, but God is too good. 

I am basically revamping my wardrobe...fall, summer, winter, and spring pieces are ALL getting replaced. As I was ending my years in college and going a little into my mid 20s, I've been obsessed with buying clothes to "go out" in. But the gag is, ya girl really doesn't go anywhere except for work and occasionally dinner with the bests. So, I had to STOP buying them. 

I have opted for more work and dressy-casual clothes. Outfits I can wear to work and still look like ME. Not some snob in a pencil skirt, slacks, and button-up.  This outfit in particular summed up my summer style. Thanks for reading and don't be afraid to try new looks that appeal to you on a budget!


May 29, 2017















Top & Track Pants: H&M
Necklace: Forever21
Sunglasses: QuayxDesi, High Key
Shoes: Cape Robbin

Photographer: Jenna

Yay! Spring ’17 trend no. 4, track pants!!! I am so happy I was able to actually have this idea and execute it. Thank God for my best friend/photographer and assistant, Jenna and my little sister. This definitely would not have been done without them. They are the best. Oh, and just letting you know from now on I won’t mention my photographer unless it is someone else besides Jenna. Just always assume it’s her because 9 times out of 10, it is. lol. More style coming at you soon! Thanks for viewing and following my fave trends of Spring ‘17 :)










May 3, 2017










Dress: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Target
Duster: Forever21

Photographer: Jenna
Here it is! Spring ’17 trend number 3! Light dusters, lace-up block heels, and floral print! I have never been a duster kind of girl until I saw this one at Forever21. I said, “wait, I need this.” So, I have made sure to get some good use out of it. I even bought a black one at H&M, which hopefully that’ll be featured on the black soon for you guys to see! As you can see my hair is a little different…I have on a GlamHead Hair wig and it is AMAZING. I can’t wait to buy another one! One more trend to post and I hope you guys are reaaaadyy for it! In the mean time, in between time, thank you for looking at my blog and following my favorite trends of Spring ’17!

April 1, 2017


                       










                             

Top: Express
Jeans: Forever21
Shoes: 14th & Union
Earrings: Gift from my sister!

Photographer: Jenna, @jfran
Hair: Natalie, @ngebui

I am BACK with ’17 Spring trend look number 2, bell sleeves and frayed hems! These are my FAVORITE pair of jeans, I can’t even tell you. I remember when I wore them and my sister was so confused at why they looked the way they did. I had to legit explain to her, “this is how they came when I bought them.” Hope you love it and see you soon for look number 3, with a different hairstyle!

March 29, 2017
















Graphic Tee: Forever21
Jacket, Pants, Earrings: H&M
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless

Photographer: Jenna!

So, as I announced on my Twitter, I will be posting four of my favorite trends for the Spring ‘17 season on my blog. I am super excited! But, I do want to make it known that these are not the ONLY spring trends of Spring ’17; these are my FAVORITE trends thus far. I will also do different hairstyles for each look too! More coming soon, of course. Hope you like!

March 4, 2017
















Turtleneck: Express
Jeans and Denim Jacket: H&M
Boots: Steve Madden
Hoops: Lol, Jenna’s

Photographer: Jenna, my best friend. I had another look planned for this day, but the sun already set by the time we were both able to shoot. So, already having that feeling, I quickly came up with another idea… aaaand, viola! This HAS to be my favorite shoot we’ve done together so far. I’ve always wanted to do a "denim on denim" look too, this was my chance! It’s very 90s R&B and for those that know me, know that’s my favorite music genre.

March 1, 2017




Graphic Tee: Express
Skirt, Denim Jacket, and Earrings: H&M
Betty 2-PC Slingback: Christian Siriano (Payless)
Sunglasses: UrbanOutfitters

Photographer: My little sister, Natalie, is the best. She is the best at cooperating with impromptu content for my blog. 
Guess what March is??? MY BIRTHDAY MONTH! I will be 26 and my, am I grateful for a solid 25 years of life, much needed growth within myself, and spiritual salvation. God is GOOD.


January 9, 2017








Turtleneck: Express
Skirt: H&M
Faux Leather Jacket: Forever21
Shoes: Nine West 

Photographer: My little sister! She’s the best. 

December 10, 2016











Top, Pants, Coat, Choker: Express
Shoes: Brash (Payless)

Photographer: Jenna, my bff :)


October 31, 2016





Marnie Camo Tee: Truly Madly Deeply, Urban Outfitters
Jeans: Express
Hat: Forever21
Chocker: Express
Shoes: New Balance

I was in need of a casual top and didn’t know where in the world to find one or even what I wanted. But I walked into Urban, and there it was! I’m not a huge lover of army or camo, but I think I needed this just to throw on for any casual occasion. 

October 29, 2016





Shirt: Forever21
Mom Jean: BDG, Urban Outfitters
Hat and Chocker: Forever21
Sunglasses: Gia Monae
Shoes: Payless

I took these pictures in one of my favorite cities to visit, Claremont. It has an amazing vibe and the shops are so cool and original. It’s a small town, but there is so much to do and see. I stuffed my face with Tacos from Petiscos and swallowed a bear claw from Some Crust Bakery

October 28, 2016



Book: Anthropologie, the Curated Closet
By: Anuschka Rees (Her IG)
Sweater: Express
Jeans: H&M
Shoes: Converse
Lucie Beret: Anthropologie (I was trying it on. I should’ve bought it. So upset with myself…)

I always like to walk into this store and just look at the floor set and furniture. It really is so beautiful and different. Now, the clothes on the other hand, they’re a different story and God knows I can barely afford a scarf from there. But, I HAD to get this book! If you are struggling with getting your life together and closet, you needs to scrape some coins together and get it. Like, for real, for real.

September 5, 2016








Dress: H&M Basic
BomberChoker, Earring: Express 
Shoes: Dexflex Plus Comfort (Payless)

So, I was going through my closet and clothes doing my fall/winter cleaning and saw this basic dress. I thought to myself, “ why in God’s name did I buy this?” You know when you’re out shopping and you don’t really find anything, so you literally just grab something? Yeah, that’s EXACTLY what I did. Lord have mercy. Anyway, I will probably be giving this dress to my sister because she said she liked it. 

Photographer: Jenna



August 18-21, 2016






Hello Everyone!

These are some pictures I took from my trip to ATL (Atlanta, Georgia). I went to go visit my best friend who is in school. 

We visited the Aquarium, Civil Rights Museum, and the Olympic Park. Definitely must sees when you go there because they were literally across form each other. 

I am actually really proud of the second picture I took of myself and that sign.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the whole "ATLANTA", but I did. :) The rest of these pictures were taken by my best friend, Jenna.

July 23, 2016

             






Dress: Cotton On
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless
Necklace: A birthday gift from ME to ME :)

Photographer: My bffff, Jenna. We took this outside of her house, I had a vision and she had no choice. We went for it and here you go! Aaaaaaaaaaand we were going out after, sooo hence the red cup. Give me a break, all I do is work.


July 1, 2016








Sunglasses: Quay x Desi Perkins (High Key, in black)

-This post is ALL about the sunglasses. I was in such hesitation ordering from Quay because they were SO EXPENSIVE. But, when I saw them coming out with a collaboration with Desi Perkins, I was like, "hmmmmmmmm, those are baaaad!" I immediately text my bffff Jenna, and told her to get it for me (I was at work at 9AM when they were launching, so I had her get it for me). Most definitely worth the purchase. 


Photographer: My bfffffff, Jenna.  Oh, and say, "hi" to my other bfff, Chalani in the background!!

June 13, 2016













Outfit: Silence + Noise (Urban Outfitters)
Jacket: Forever21
Glasses: Urban Outfitters
Necklace & Belt: Express
Shoes: Dexflex Plus Comfort (Payless) 

-Just letting you know that I'm literally Payless Queen. I remember that's what someone said to me in high school. I don't care, I don't care, payless is where it's at if you're "ballin' on a budget".

Photographer: My little sister, soon to be doctor. :)

June 10, 2016













Top: H&M 
Overalls: Silence + Noise (Urban Outfitters)
Sun Glasses: Urban Outfitters
Sandals: Montego Bay Comfort (Payless)
Choker: Forever21

Photographer: My little sister came home for the summer before heading to medical school, so i had to put her cool photog skills to some use. She leaves this week, so I needs to try to get in two more shoots with her.



Glasses: Gia Monae
Top and Bag: Express
Jeans: H&M
Jacket: Forever21
Shoes: Converse

Photographer: My AMAZING boyfriend. You know, he was at first mad because I wanted him to do this for me. But then when I said it was for my blog, he got ALL into it and even told me what poses to do!







Yay! My FIRST style post. Since I am obsessed with clothes, I figured, why not just make a blog for myself--since I never have time to go anywhere, and share it with others. I would describe my style as street with a mixture of urban chic. I like to see how my style evolves and changes overtime, so I decided now (after 100 years) to record it. This blog is going to be written the exact same way I would speak to a friend; with honesty...and a little too much. Enjoy! 

Sweater: Express
Tank: Target (I seriously bought this like, when I was in the 8th grade)
Jeans: Express
Shoes: Converse
Glasses and Hat: Forever21
Watch: Fossil (I wear this watch w almost EVERYTHING)

Photographer: Jane (my sister) Funny story behind this: I told her if she took pictures of me for my blog, I would paint her nails.

Comments